Friday, June 19, 2009

 

Thurston Moore's avant-garde want list


In my off time, I'm a record collector. I'm a record collector to the point that I sometimes look back on my habits and wonder what's wrong with me, and wonder why I can't be happy just listening to top 40 commercial radio. I mean, when you get really amped about the Michael Snow LP on Chatham Square or a Folkways record called "Music from an equatorial microcosm," a switch has really flipped inside you. If you're similarly afflicted, check out the below.



A while back I got a copy of Thurston Moore's avant-garde wants list (PDF). It's pretty impressive that way back in the day Thurston was after Raymond Boni on Futura, Drum Dance to the Motherland, and OFAMFA. It's a worthwhile read, if heavy on lots of european jazz that I don't personally find too interesting. It's easy to forget in 2009 how difficult it was back then to find overseas and private-pressed records.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?